An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced, talented and confident Marketing Specialist to join our AfriCamps marketing team at our head office in Cape Town. We are looking for somebody that has experience in all creative fields of marketing including writing, online and design.
AfriCamps is a rapidly growing glamping company with 3 to 4 new boutique camps opening up every year in different areas around South Africa. AfriCamps is involved on all levels, from the production and installation of our tents to the marketing and reservations.
- Create exciting content.
- Act as the brand voice across our social platforms to engage and identify with our audience.
- Run, refine and report on paid for social media campaigns with the objectives to increase our following and increase bookings.
- Write and develop email communications to our various databases.
- Increase the email customer database.
- Maintain our website, including the blog making sure all content is up to date.
- Analysis and reporting of customer feedback.
- Copywriting for all forms of marketing material including mailers, emails and press releases within style and brand guidelines
- Develop and strengthen relationships with partners and trade.
- Campaign execution for new content and product launches.
- Assist with general marketing projects and events.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is able to come up with creative ways to reach target markets.
- Is able to turn ideas into practical action plans.
- Is able to work independently.
- Has excellent writing skills supported by a portfolio of previous work / projects.
- Should be visually orientated with at least basic design skills (advanced skills preferred).
- Has advanced knowledge of online advertising (Social paid for advertising / Google AdWords/Analytics and tracking service).
- Previous experience in tourism / leisure industry advantageous.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Marketing qualification.
- Advantageous certificates of courses: digital marketing, SEO copywriting, social media marketing, Google Analytics or similar.
- 3-5 years’ of experience in the field of (digital) travel marketing and social media content creation.
If you are an enthusiastic creative marketer ready to join the glamping world of AfriCamps please forward your CV (with salary expectations), a motivation letter and the below assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16/06/2018*.
AfriCamps has opened a new camp just outside of Durban.
Please complete the following items:
1. Describing the new camp, where it is and why we chose this location for our latest property. Create a
- Blog post, and a
- Press release
(minimum 250 words each)
2. A post (and image where needed) announcing the opening of our new camp for:
*Please note that applications without the requested assignment will not be considered for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted within 2 weeks.