Are you going to be our new project manager / camp building supervisor? We are looking for a highly motivated person who is interested to build beautiful luxury tented Camps throughout South Africa!
AfriCamps is a rapidly growing glamping company with 3 to 4 new boutique camps opening up every year in different areas around South Africa. AfriCamps is involved on all levels, from the production and installation of our tents to the marketing and reservations. At the moment we’re looking for a full-time building supervisor to join our team. Your main responsibility will be to make sure the new camps are completed on time according to our quality and safety standards and to supervise our staff and sub-contractors. The building supervisor works closely together with our factory manager to make sure the stock arrives on time. The building supervisor reports directly to the technical director.
- Develop / write building schedule (planning)
- Prepare building project together with camp owner
- Create custom order list per site (pole lengths etc.)
- Arrange logistic on site
- Packing tool list
- Tool hire
- Order from local suppliers
- Logistics (to develop a transport schedule together with the factory manager)
- Staff welfare (catering, accommodation, transport)
- Work with subcontractors
- Find and brief subcontractors for each new build
- Compare and negotiate rates of subcontractors
- Develop building manuals
- Hour calculations for future reference
- HR during build (salaries, working hours, hire local staff)
- Liaise with factory manager in regards to stock
- Develop building manuals for your our staff
- Supervise the complete build
- AfriCamps workers
- Deck builders
- Liaise with camp owner about his work
- Manage cash flow during build
- Organize maintenance tasks for the existing camps.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Project management background and experience (planning, logistics, staff management & quality control)
- Good computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft office is required)
- Willing to travel, flexibility regarding working hours and workplace is required (you will be working throughout South Africa for extended periods of time, expect to be away from home at least 4-6 months per year, with weekly breaks every 3 to 4 weeks).
- Passionate about the construction industry
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Pro-active, great sense of responsibility, independent
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Positive work attitude
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualification.
- 3 – 5 years experience in similar role is preferred.
- Please forward your motivation letter, relevant work experience and CV (including salary expectations) to email@example.com
Applications close the 13th of June 2018. Please consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted before the 15th of June.