No, it’s not your delicious pre-booked braai pack, or even marshmallows on the fire – we’re talking about the private outdoor wood-fired hot tubs that can be spotted next to our luxury glamping tents!
Our camps in Wellington and Wilderness offer wood-fired hot tubs next to each tent, and three tents at AfriCamps at Ingwe in Plettenberg Bay have wood-fired hot tubs (make sure to book tents 4, 5 or 6).
Photo: AfriCamps at Oakhurst in Wilderness
We are beyond proud of this local, handmade creation invented together with Buitengewoon Luxury Outdoor Living.
So what makes our tubs so awesome?
- Firstly, a wood-fired hot tub is the purest form of relaxation, ideal for those long summer evenings and starry winter nights.
- Secondly, they don’t require any electricity, so you can unwind under the stars absolutely guilt free.
- We source water from our farm dams and the water goes back into our farm soil.
- They are super user-friendly and heat up in 1.5 to 2 hours. Simply start the fire, leave the lid on, stir occasionally to spread the heat and let the brilliant design do the work.
- They double as a splash pool in the summer!
Photo: AfriCamps at Doolhof in Wellington
AfriCamps at Ingwe
AfriCamps at Ingwe is home to our original bright red hot tubs. These tubs are found next to tent 4, 5 and 6, so make sure you book a hot tub tent. Here our tubs are best enjoyed after a long day of exploring the many activities in the Crags and Tsitsikamma area. You can savour your favourite bottle of wine (the one you got after visiting The Crags’ wine route), overlooking the foresty green surroundings. These eco-friendly tubs are filled with water collected from Whiskey Creek and stored in the property’s dam.
AfriCamps’ hot tubs comfortably fit four people, but our farm owners at AfriCamps at Ingwe have proven that the whole family can fit!
AfriCamps at Ingwe is the perfect location to explore the vibey holiday town of Plettenberg Bay (10 minutes’ drive away) and the quaint village of Natures Valley. This part of the Garden Route is a popular holiday destination as visitors flock to the mind-blowing beaches and ancient forests.
ALSO READ: 30 REASONS TO GLAMP THE GARDEN ROUTE
When booking your stay at AfriCamps at Ingwe, make sure to select one of our hot tub tents and book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
*Wood-fired hot tubs are charged at an additional R200 per night