FACTORY PRODUCTION MANAGER
Are you going to be our new factory production manager? We are looking for a highly motivated person who can manage our production facility and help us create beautiful luxury tented camps throughout South Africa! Our production facility manufactures a broad variety of products, from woodwork (cabinets, kitchens, couches, tables) to metalwork (brackets, table frames) to canvas work (complete safari lodge tents) and even electricity and plumbing.
AfriCamps is developing new Glamping sites throughout South Africa, and we proudly manufacture all our tents and furniture in our own production facility in Table View – Cape Town. At the moment we’re looking for a full-time factory production manager to join our team. Your main responsibility will be to manage the complete production process. From planning, production and staff management to logistics. The production manager works closely together with our factory manager/purchaser and reports directly to our technical director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Create a production planning (based on hour calculations)
– Pricing and budgeting
– Create a purchasing schedule together with our purchaser
– Develop production manuals
– Staff management and supervision
– HR – hires temporary employees – create task descriptions
– Quality control
– Time management
– Coordinates packing and logistics from the factory to construction sites
– Manage cash flow during production
– Budgeting and production planning of new developments
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
– Can create and work with a production planning in Excel (or other suitable software)
– Can create and work with a purchasing schedule in Excel (or other suitable software)
– Takes responsibility for every aspect of the production
– Can supervise a team of 10 to 20 employees and is able to create a productive and pleasant work environment
– Strong attention to detail and never compromises on quality
– Strong organization skills
– Excellent communicator and team player
– Pro-active, great sense of responsibility, independent
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
– Any general construction or production experience is preferred.
– Very hands-on, any actual woodworking or other practical experience is preferred
– Good computer skills (Excel, Word)
Please forward your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the following questions:
– What would be your salary indication?
– What specific experience do you have in production/construction/project management?
– So you have any practical construction experience (woodwork/metalwork/canvas/electricity/plumbing etc)?
– How would you describe your leadership skills? How do you motivate staff to get the most out of them?
– How do you ensure that your staff always performs to the top of their ability?
Hours: Based on 40 hours per week
Salary indication: To be discussed