AfriCamps is developing new Glamping sites throughout South Africa, and we proudly manufacture all our tents and furniture in our own production facility in Table View – Cape Town. At the moment we’re looking for a full-time Production Team Leader to join our young and energetic team. Your main responsibility will be to lead a small team (2 to 3 people) in the production of our canvas tents and woodwork, in the factory as well as on site throughout the country.
Employer: AfriCamps Boutique Camping
Location: 5 Columbus Cres, Rivergate Business Park, Cape Farms Cape Town 7441
Start date: ASAP
As a Production Team Leader you will assist with the daily production of our products.
- Leading a small team of production workers in production of the below while helping hands-on as well.
- The production of canvas panels (measuring, cutting, gluing, folding and sewing).
- The production of wooden panels and furniture (measuring, cutting, gluing and assembling).
- The production of metal brackets and other metal components (laser cutting, drilling and welding).
- Painting and varnishing of furniture and floorboards.
- During installation or maintenance periods you will join us to the building sites to install or service our tents on location throughout the country. You will be a team leader for a small team of production workers that will join you. Each project/separate tent construction will have a separate team leader.
- During the installation period, you will work on site and must be able to use all the machines/power tools/hand tools, read build-up drawings, give instructions to your team and casuals where needed.
- You will need to have good leadership and communication skills to work with your team.
You must be flexible in terms of work location, be prepared to travel and work longer periods away from home. You will be working throughout South Africa for extended periods of time. Expect to be away from home at least 4-6 months per year, with weekly breaks every 3 to 4 weeks.
Experience in the following fields will be beneficial to your application:
- Electrical knowledge and experience
- Carpentry/joinery experience
- Plumbing knowledge and experience
- Management/leadership experience
Please forward your application letter, salary expectation and CV to email@example.com. We will be in contact with you with further information should we wish to take your application further. If you do not hear from us, please note that your application is not successful.
Hours: based on 40 to 45 hours per week (40 hours in factory, 45 hours on site). Salary indication: To be discussed.